Microgrid 2018 planners are urging those who want to attend this week’s event to register now. Seats are nearly sold out and tours are reaching capacity for the May 7-9 conference in Chicago.
“Microgrid 2018: Markets and Models for the Greater Good” now features more than 95 expert speakers, among them microgrid operators, developers and investors, and utility and government leaders. The event also is attracting microgrid customers — such as universities, businesses, and airport and data center operators — who are coming to learn about microgrid technology.
Here are just a few of the agenda highlights.
- A newly added session on the growing number of airports installing microgrids, accelerated by the 11-hour power outage at the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport in December. Aviation and airport infrastructure experts will offer their first-hand knowledge of projects and opportunities
- The Microgrid Finance Connection, launched at Microgrid 2018, to bring together microgrid developers with financiers in private pitch sessions
- A selection of nearly 30 lively panel discussions and informative presentations on a range of microgrid topics, from utility business models to blockchain to monetizing resiliency, offering insight into microgrid opportunities worldwide: North America, Australia, Africa and more
- Four Chicago-area microgrid tours: Shedd Aquarium (Waiting List); S&C Electric, the Illinois Institute of Technology and Ameren (Waiting List)
- Nearly 50 sponsors and exhibitors and ample networking opportunity at a contemporary, luxury hotel, just a quick trip (two miles) from Chicago O’Hare International Airport
Here is a partial list of some of the companies registered to attend Microgrid 2018, which has substantial networking opportunity structured into the agenda.
“We’ve seen microgrid adoption accelerate dramatically since holding our first microgrid conference two years ago in New York City,” said Kevin Normandeau, publisher of Microgrid Knowledge. “Microgrid 2018 is structured to help propel the microgrid market to new levels.”
Microgrid 2018 is hosted by Microgrid Knowledge, the world’s largest news and feature site dedicated to coverage of the microgrid industry.
[tt-event url=’https://www.tickettailor.com/new-order/122840/e42d/ref/website_widget/’ minimal=’false’ bg_fill=’true’ show_logo=’true’ ]