As we all know, we’re seeing impacts from Covid-19 on the microgrid industry, especially with monetizing the investment tax credit, processing current and emerging rebates and incentives, and the physical limitations on qualifying and constructing projects – projects which are growing more and more complex. Microgrid financing must evolve in order to keep pace and solve the problems we currently face, while also positioning the industry for success to overcome future challenges.
In this video, we’ll discuss:
- The increasing deal complexity of microgrids and how that complexity impacts the financing of projects.
- How interacting with the market impacts the bankability of the project.
- How microgrid financing can be done in a manner that makes sense to a client concerned about both the bottom line and the impact on the environment.
This video is moderated by Tom Hawes, Eastern Director Microgrids and NWA for S&C Electric.
Featured speakers include:
This video was recorded during Microgrids as a Recovery Tool During Social and Economic Disruption, a three-day virtual conference held in June of 2020. The conference featured opportunities for businesses, institutions, communities, and homeowners to learn how microgrids aid society during periods of disruption – from pandemics to storms to economic downturns. The conference also featured a number of real world examples that showed microgrids in action. Although this was previously recorded, you’ll find many of the examples and insights are timeless in their strategic value.
With more than 50 speakers and 15 different sessions, the event covered three key areas:
- The Health, Economic and Environmental Influences Giving Rise to Microgrids
- Who Microgrids Serve: From Business to Education to the Clean Energy Revolution
- How Microgrids Reduce Costs, Cut Carbon and Ensure Power Supply in Tough Times & Places
Microgrid Knowledge produces the world’s largest microgrid events. Because we’re an independent third party, you can be sure that the information you’ll receive will capture a broad industry perspective. Look for more great premium video content from Microgrid Knowledge, the largest site in the world dedicated to all things microgrid.