Many key market trends are driving faster adoption of microgrids and “microgrid-ready” facilities are incorporating a variety of renewable energy resources like solar PV, battery storage, EV charging, etc. Designing power delivery systems with these capabilities is generally perceived to be very customized, design-intensive and associated with long deployment times. However, modern technologies incorporating controllers and pretested software allow for the fast deployment of packaged microgrid controls at scale.
These packaged microgrid designs include standardized customer use-cases for microgrid operation and optimization, helping to drive efficiency, resilience, and sustainability goals for many market sectors like retail, distribution, healthcare etc. In this video, Microgrid Knowledge and Schneider Electric will explore the market landscape for microgrids, recent trends in pre-engineered microgrid designs, relevant industry standards, and design/specification considerations.
In the video, you’ll:
- Learn about key market trends accelerating the adoption of microgrids.
- Learn about the relevant industry standards governing deployment of microgrids in small and medium sites.
- Understand typical “use-cases” in microgrid operation and optimization.
- Learn the components of a representative microgrid control system.
- Understand the design considerations that apply when equipping facilities with microgrid controls.
- Understand the advantages of pre-engineered small microgrid designs.
- Understanding the parameters that will help you guide your client to a stronger microgrid ROI.
The video includes a Q&A session with audience members that attended the live event.
This video, recorded in August of 2021, is a part of Microgrid Knowledge’s webinar series featuring industry experts discussing a variety of topics relevant to microgrids. Look for more great premium video content from Microgrid Knowledge, the largest site in the world dedicated to all things microgrid.