Microgrid 2018 is coming up soon. Seats are selling fast for the May 7-9 event in Chicago. We’re describing it as a microgrid event like no other yet held. Here’s why…
- What makes Microgrid 2018 unique?
First, our agenda is designed to bring together those who want to lead and shape the course of the growing microgrid industry over the next year. Featuring highly interactive sessions and more than 95 expert speakers, Microgrid 2018 will focus on finding concrete ways to invigorate markets, hone business models, frame public policy, attract customers, and educate decision-makers about the societal value of microgrids.
In short, it is an event for the those in the front seat – the drivers and their navigators — who want to be the first to see where the industry can go and help it get there.
Second, Microgrid 2018 offers unique programs and sessions with strong business value.
- Microgrid project developers and technology vendors will have an opportunity to hear directly from customers about why they plan to develop microgrids — and what prevents them from doing so — in special panel discussions with key representatives from universities, airports and utilities.
- Looking for financing? Microgrid 2018 marks the launch of The Microgrid Finance Connection, a new program that will bring project developers and financiers together in one-on-one private briefings at the conference.
- Want to see microgrids in action? Here’s a chance to see some of the most sophisticated built to date with four tours scheduled for conference participants.
- Who will I meet at Microgrid 2018?
This is an opportunity to network with some of the largest and most influential energy and technology companies, microgrid developers, utilities, government officials, and commercial, industrial and institutional customers in the microgrid space. In addition to highly interactive sessions, the three-day event offers extensive day and evening networking sessions and exhibit hall opportunities.
- What kind of microgrids will I learn about?
All kinds. Microgrid Knowledge supports the advancement of all microgrids, whatever technology they incorporate, whether they are remote or grid-connected, developed by utilities, independents, government entities or others. The event is drawing those working with energy storage, renewables, fossil generators, combined heat and power, fuel cells, waste-to-energy, microgrid controllers and software, and all other components of microgrids.
- Why is Microgrid 2018 being held in Chicago?
Microgrid 2018 is broad in its geographic reach. Chicago offers easy access for travelers throughout North America and internationally. We have booked a luxury hotel for the event that is just a few minutes from O’Hare International Airport to make it particularly convenient for executive travelers.
We also chose Chicago because of the microgrid leadership and vision emanating from Illinois. It is home to Commonwealth Edison, which is planning an innovative microgrid in the Bronzeville area, and Ameren Illinois, which has developed one of the few microgrids in the world that operates at utility-scale voltages and can seamlessly transition from grid-connected to island mode. (Hear executives from both utilities discuss their projects at Microgrid 2018). Chicago also features distributed energy and microgrid projects of note at the Shedd Aquarium (developed by Schneider Electric) and the Illinois Institute of Technology. In addition, the city is home to S&C Electric, an international leader in microgrids and energy storage. Microgrid 2018 will feature tours of the Ameren, ITT, Shedd and S&C Electric microgrids.
- Can I speak, present, participate in a panel discussion at Microgrid 2018?
To register, review the agenda or learn about the venue, see the conference website, Microgrid 2018 or fill out the registration form below. We urge you to register soon since we expect a capacity crowd. Only a few speaking and sponsorship opportunities remain. If you are interested in these, please contact Kevin Normandeau, publisher of Microgrid Knowledge, [email protected]
Microgrid 2018 is hosted by Microgrid Knowledge, the world’s largest news and feature site dedicated to coverage of the microgrid industry.
[tt-event url=’https://www.tickettailor.com/all-tickets/13014/3b1a/ref/website_widget/’ minimal=’false’ bg_fill=’true’ show_logo=’true’ ]