Microgrid Knowledge today announced speakers for its May 19 microgrid conference in Manhattan, a roster of top microgrid leaders from some of the largest U.S. utilities and energy technology companies.
“New York and Beyond: Advancing Microgrids Nationally with Lessons Learned in New York” is designed to shape and propel the industry based on strategies emerging in New York, an epicenter of the microgrid industry.
The first-of-its-kind event will feature a series of roundtable discussions to explore new microgrid opportunities and strategies in financing, regulation, team building and customer relations.
For communities, businesses and institutions new to microgrids, a special break-out session will offer insight and lessons learned from a panel of peers who are already developing or participating in microgrids.
The microgrid conference keynote speaker is Richard Kauffman, New York State Energy Czar, who is leading New York’s ground-breaking energy policy revolution, Reforming the Energy Vision (REV).
Micah Kotch, Director of the NY Prize, will offer new information about the state’s $40 million microgrid competition.
David Chiesa, S&C Electric’s Senior Director for Business Development, is serving as conference chairman and moderator.
- Eric Ackerman, Edison Electric Institute, Director of Alternative Regulation
- Nathan Adams, ABB General Manager, North American Microgrids
- Matt Alexander, Mayor of the Village of Wappinger Falls, NY
- Shay Bahramirad, Commonwealth Edison, Director of Smart Grid and Technology
- Christopher Berendt, Drinker Biddle & Reath, Partner, Energy & Environmental Practice
- Edward Bogucz, Syracuse Center of Excellence, Associate Professor
- Tom Bourgeois, Pace Energy & Climate Center, Deputy Director
- Anna Chittum, American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy, Visiting Fellow
- Mike Edmonds, S&C Electric, President US Business
- Chris Evanich, S&C Electric, Application Director of Microgrids
- Mark Feasel, Vice President of Schneider Electric’s Electric Utility Segment & Smart Grid
- Urs Gisiger, Hitachi, Director, Project Finance
- Mike Gordon, Joule Assets, CEO
- Jason Handley, Duke Energy, Director – Smart Grid Emerging Technology and Operations
- Ken Horne, Navigant, Director – Energy/Smart Grid
- Sally Jacquemin, Siemens Microgrid Business Manager
- Ed Krapels, Anbaric, CEO
- Michael Overturf, ZF Energy Development, CEO
- Erica Hauver, Senior Vice President, Hitachi Microgrids
- Jigar Shah, Generate Capital, Co-Founder
- Rob Thornton, International District Energy Association, President & CEO
- Brad Tito, NYSERDA Communities & Local Governments, Program Manager
- Ke Wei, New York City Mayor’s Office of Recovery and Resiliency, Senior Policy Adviser for Energy